Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sounds Like...

Music keeps me sane. For me, it is a form of therapy...and actually, it is my passion...my sanctuary. I'd rather have Rage Against the Machine lull me to sleep than listening to Enya.

Well anyways, I’ve got here a couple of TOP 20 LOCAL & FOREIGN ARTISTS/SONGS, all of which have influenced me a great deal back in the days when I was an angst-ridden, idealistic kid…still thirsty of unpretentious, in-your-face music. While you may notice that some of the artists/songs here are quite recent, I can say that these, too are worth-mentioning. Even the artists, whether gone, disbanded or still alive and kicking, are not only musically-brilliant and true to their craft, but they are also great influences I really look up to. Most of the songs I picked are reflections of myself in more ways than one. Until now, these songs continue rocking me to greater heights while giving me my much-needed inner peace. B-)


TOP 20 LOCAL ARTISTS:

1. ERASERHEADS
2. RIVERMAYA
3. THE YOUTH
4. SUGAR HICCUP
5. SANDWICH
6. FRANCIS MAGALONA
7. SLAPSHOCK
8. CHEESE aka QUESO
9. WOLFGANG
10. SPONGECOLA
11. IMAGO
12. HALE
13. CHICOSCI
14. KAMIKAZEE
15. PAROKYA NI EDGAR
16. YANO
17. BAMBOO
18. CALLA LILY
19. MOONSTAR 88
20. YENG CONSTANTINO


TOP 20 FOREIGN ARTISTS:

1. INCUBUS
2. SMASHING PUMPKINS
3. NIRVANA
4. PEARL JAM
5. MOONPOOLS & CATERPILLARS
6. METALLICA
7. RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
8. A PERFECT CIRCLE
9. GUNS N’ ROSES
10. 311
11. RADIOHEAD
12. THE SUNDAYS
13. ALANIS MORISSETTE
14. AVRIL LAVIGNE
15. THE CRANBERRIES
16. SILVERCHAIR
17. GREENDAY
18. LINKINPARK
19. THE OFFSPRING
20. THE DEFTONES

TOP 20 LOCAL SONGS:

1. PARE KO – eraserheads
2. JEEPNEY -spongecola
3. BUTTERFLY CARNIVAL - sandwich
4. BROKEN SONNET - hale
5. MAGBALIK - callalily
6. 214 - rivermaya
7. KALEIDOSCOPE WORLD - francism
8. ESEM - yano
9. EVIL CLOWN - slapshock
10. KANLUNGAN – noel cabangon
11. A MATTER OF TIME - wolfgang
12. 5 YEARS – sugar hiccup
13. FINE TIME - eraserheads
14. BILANGGO – rizal underground
15. SALAMAT – the dawn
16. BULOY – parokya ni edgar
17. PARIS - chicosci
18. NARDA - kamikazee
19. CHICOSCI VAMPIRE SOCIAL CLUB - chicosci
20. THE DAY YOU SAID GOODNIGHT – hale


TOP 20 FOREIGN SONGS:

1. DISARM – smashing pumpkins
2. YOU SUCK – the murmurs
3. 1979 – smashing pumpkins
4. I MISS YOU - incubus
5. BLACK – pearl jam
6. SHERRY FRASIER – marcy playground
7. 3 LIBRAS – a perfect circle
8. LOSER - beck
9. SOON – moonpools & caterpillars
10. DOWN - 311
11. TOMORROW - silverchair
12. FAR BEHIND - candlebox
13. LITHIUM - nirvana
14. HERE’S WHERE THE STORY ENDS – the sundays
15. WHEN I COME AROUND - greenday
16. 66 – afghan whigs
17. TEENAGE DIRTBAG - wheatus
18. I REMEMBER YOU – skid row
19. ONE - metallica
20. PATIENCE – guns n’ roses

Enjoy! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment